Weightloss shakes have acquired a bad reputation over the years for not delivering on their promises to provide a fast and effective weight loss solution. The truth is that the majority of these types of shakes do result in weight loss and that this bad reputation is based mainly on bad, unsubstantiated reviews rather than scientific evidence.
Like most diet and nutritional plans, sticking to the program and using the shakes as instructed is essential to achieving the best results. Many people do not follow the instructions and believe that simply consuming one or two shakes a day will result in weight loss.
In most cases, weightloss shakes are meal replacements or used as a supplement between meals. This means that no food should be consumed at the same time or within a certain period of consuming the drink. Even if this is not the case, some dietary changes must be made in order for the shakes to provide the greatest benefit.
It is simply impossible to keep eating exactly what you were consuming before starting to use the shakes and expect to lose weight. In fact, the opposite may be true where weight can be gained as a result of consuming more calories. It is essential to cut out unhealthy foods that are high in carbohydrates and fat in order to achieve fast results with weightloss shakes.
Weightloss shakes are packed full of nutrients and are designed to ensure that your body gets the daily nutritional value needed. All the vitamins, minerals and other nutrients that are necessary for the body to function optimally should be contained in the shake. A body that is nutritionally satisfied will have less food cravings and have an increased metabolism to burn energy and fat faster and more effectively.
It is however necessary to point out that all the daily nutritional value should not be acquired from meal replacement shakes for an extended period of time. Whole food is still the best source of nutrition and eating healthy, raw food is essential and will enhance the weight loss benefits of the shakes.
But it isn’t just the nutritional value that is important. The shakes should provide the ideal amount of energy in the form of calories to keep you going throughout the day. Although you may experience some tiredness and lethargy when you first start a weight loss diet, the energy should start to sustain you after a couple of days. These side effects are normally due to your body not receiving the dose of bad carbs or energy that it is used and that ends up being stored as fat.
Some weightloss shakes contain additional ingredients that can contribute to faster and more effective weight loss. Ingredients to look out for include:
– Anti-oxidants which are ideal to detox the body, resulting in increased metabolism. These have plenty of additional benefits including anti-ageing, enhanced immune system and overall better bodily function.
– Thermogenic fat burners that actively work on burning stored fat and prevent fat from being stored.
– Caffeine which acts as a stimulant providing you with energy as well as acts as a fat burner and increases metabolic rate.
– Protein builds muscle. Muscle requires energy and therefore also contributes to increased metabolism. Building muscle is the ideal way to replace fat and maintain weight loss for an extended period of time.
– CLA or conjugate linoleic acid preserves lean body mass which means that it contributes to and helps maintain weight loss.
– Appetite suppressants are ideal as a weightloss shake can leave you feeling hungry shortly after consuming it or not provide you with the same satisfaction as eating a full meal.
Not all shakes are created equal so it is important to do some research and compare the ingredients and benefits of each shake to get the greatest value. Also consider your unique weight loss requirements and goals when choosing a shake.
The main consideration should always be to ensure that the weightloss shakes you choose will provide you with the required nutritional value. Keep in mind that expending some energy through fun activities or exercise can further increase the benefits of weightloss shakes.
Weightloss shakes really do work when used as instructed and as part of a weight loss program.